The International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (IUTAM) has approved a scientific symposium to be held in Oaxaca Mexico in March of 2015. The general theme of the symposium is built around the fundamentals of bubbly flows.. Such systems are of importance in a variety of technologies, ranging from very large scale processing, biological applications and up to the new emerging areas of MEMS and microfluidics. The focus will be on the dynamics of assemblies, interactions between bubbles and industrial applications. In accord with the IUTAM guidelines, attendance will be by invitation and an emphasis given to involving younger researchers in significant ways. This is only the second IUTAM Symposium to be held in Mexico. This event will provide opportunities for interactions and exchanges among leading experts in the field and the Mexican fluid mechanics community.
Prof. Prosperetti 70th Anniversary
Additionally, during this event we will celebrate the career and contributions of Prof. Andrea Prosperetti in the occasion of his 70th birthday. We will have sessions from friends and colleagues honouring his distinguished career.
- Roberto Zenit, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, Chair
- Detlef Lohse, University of Twente, The Netherlands, Co-Chair
- Gretar Tryggvason, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Andrea Prosperetti, JHU, USA
- Frederic Risso, Institute de Mecanique de Fluides de Toulouse, France
- Octavio Cazares, Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo, Mexico
- Jacques Magnaudet, Institute de Mecanique de Fluides de Toulouse, France, IUTAM Representative